Please keep in your thoughts and prayers for the innocent victims whose lose their life and injured in the deadly explosion at a fertilizer plant on Wednesday 17th2013 in West, Texas. This week has been really been a somber one for me, on Monday people hurt and killed due to man-made activities in Boston Marathon.Wednesday again, people died and injured from the deadly explosion at a fertilizer plant in West, Texas. Lots of people got hurts and according to news, first responders like firefighters and police men and women are missing. Hope they will able to find more survivors.
- First cook the dal with 1 1/2 cup of water in a pressure cooker for about 3-4 whistles and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, halved red chilies, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Once mustard seeds starts spluttering add chopped tomato and 1 cup of pineapple and 2 cloves of garlic cook for about 7 minutes or until the tomato become mushy and pineapple is cooked well in low flame. If you want you can add 1/4 cup water.
- While pineapple is cooking grind the 1/2 cup of pineapple into a fine puree and set aside.
- Once tomato- pineapple mixture is cooked well add this puree of pineapple and turmeric powder, and cooked dal along with water. When it starts boiling add pepper rasam and rasam powder, salt and water and boil for about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves switch off the flame.
- If you want to have tangy flavor add some lemon/ lime juice at this time. I didn’t add it. Enjoy hot with rice and stir fries.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.