Today is National Margarita Day! Have you heard of this? I came to know about it only today, but who cares, every day is a good day to enjoy a drink. But if you enjoy the drink on the particular day it will be double fun. I love Margarita, but I have never got a chance to visit a restaurant and try it. I got a firsthand taste test when my friend Andrea, who worked as bartender, made if for us, and I fell in love with that drink forever. Occasionally I make margarita at home. I like fruity flavor, so usually make pineapple margarita. Here is my version of Pomegranate Ginger margarita
Since I had pomegranate juice in my hand, and I wanted to use it, I made this delicious drink; you are going to like it for sure. If you have slice of pizza to go with it then you are enjoying to the maximum. However drink responsibly.
Pomegranate Ginger Margarita
- For drink
- 1/2 cup 4 ounces 100% pomegranate juice from concentrate (unsweetened), or to taste
- 1 ounce 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces 4 tablespoons tequila, Hacienda de tepa reposado
- 1 ounce 2 tablespoon Triple Sec
- ½ ounce Ginger Syrup
- For serving
- Lime wedge
- Coarse salt
- Ice cubes
- Place coarse salt on a small plate. Rub rim of glass with lime wedge and dip in coarse salt if desired. Add ice cubes to glass if using.
- In a small bowl heat ¼ cup water with ¼ cup sugar and 2 inch ginger piece, bring it to boil and continue to heat for 4 minutes and set aside and use when it is really cold.
- . Combine drink ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add some ice and shake vigorously, then strain into prepared glass. Garnish rim with lime wedge
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.