It is October and that means month of pumpkin and Halloween. Pumpkin is a favorite and I like to cook and bake with it. It has become a tradition to start baking with pumpkin. My kids are into Halloween and they want their Pumpkin to look like Jack-O-Lantern. I started my Pumpkin baking session with this Pumpkin pie cranberry muffins.
These is one of the best pumpkin muffins I have made. It is delicious and soft, it is cake like with moist treat you can start a day with. I used my homemade pumpkin pie spice to make it. I make a bulk quantity of pumpkin pie spice at a start of every October.
I used dried cranberries, if you want you can try with fresh ones. If using fresh ones, then increase the amount of sweetness little bit. May be ¼ cup more sugar. I didn’t add any streusel or nuts, if you want to go ahead or leave it as such like I did, they are best. I have shared few with my hubby’s colleague, she loved it and even her son liked it. My daughter asked me to make it for her birthday even though it is in May. I need to remember to save a can of pumpkin puree for that.
I used canned pumpkin puree, but please remember not to buy pumpkin pie filling for this. I used Greek yogurt which is my secret weapon to make cakes, cupcakes and muffins to make it moist. And the best part of yogurt is that it is not calorie rich as sour cream. Also, this recipe uses only 2 tablespoon of canola oil and has no butter. I lined the muffin tin with liner, if you want you can just grease them. I like cupcake liner because this is best way we can give it to kids as they have some thing to peel on and liner will prevent from sticking to their hands.
This is time of pumpkin latte and pumpkin spice, so make this muffin as it is easy and delicious. It will be the favorite of both kids and adult and they will be thanking you for making this.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Cranberry Muffins
- 1 ½ cup / 156g all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup /49g brown sugar
- ¾ cup /172g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon /6g baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon /1g salt
- 1 cup/ 246g Canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup/86g Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon/10g canola oil or any oil of your choice
- 1 large egg
- Pre heat oven to 375F and line the muffin tin and set aside.
- In a bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice and set aside.
- In a large bowl add both sugars, pumpkin puree, oil, Greek yogurt, egg and beat well to combine. Then add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed just until combined. Fold in cranberries.
- Place 12 paper muffin cup liners in muffin tins. Spoon batter into prepared cups. Bake at 375° for 18 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pan immediately; place on a wire rack.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.