Delicious Pumpkin quinoa cashew nut muffins made with quinoa, pumpkin puree, oil, If you want you can skip cashew nut with cranberries
Pumpkin quinoa cranberry muffins
Take a look at our fellow baking partner’s wonderful creations, they all made delicious muffins or cupcakes depending upon their taste buds, so please visit and discover the taste. You may get wonderful ideas for dessert for your Halloween party.
Pumpkin Quinoa Cashew nut muffin
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup White whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking Soda
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree ( I used homemade
- 1/2 cup Light olive oil /vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoon turbinado sugar for sprinkling over the top of muffin.
- Then cook the quinoa by washing in the running water and roasting them with little oil for about 6-7 minutes and then cook them with water for about 15 minutes with lid closed. Once it is done set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and Line the muffin tin with paper cups and grease them with cooking spray and set aside.
- In medium bowl sift both flours, salt, spices, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl lightly beat eggs, sugar and oil and then add pumpkin puree and combine everything well. Then add cooked quinoa and mix once again to combine well. To this gradually add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Finally fold in chopped cashew nuts.
- Pour the 2 tablespoon of batter into each prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar. Make sure batter should only reach ¾ of the paper cup. Bake for about 24 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Once baked leave the muffin in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes and then tilt and remain in the muffin tin for another 5 minutes.
- Then transfer them to cooling rack.
- Enjoy as much as you want.
Don’t try to skip baking soda and reduce egg it will result smaller muffin.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.