Delicious creamy vegan purple sweet potato strawberry smoothie a, fiber rich with full of antioxidant reducing inflammation. Filling smoothie after a workout or on the go nutritious colorful breakfast.
Do you love to enjoy some colors in your breakfast dish, I love it? Then try this Purple Sweet Potato Strawberry Smoothie. This is not only delicious, but it is also vegan and has no extra added sweetener. Only sweetness comes from purple sweet potato and sweetened non-diary milk. Creamy delicious colorful smoothie will brighten up your day for sure.
Health benefits of using Purple Sweet Potato
Purple sweet potato is loaded with potassium and fiber, and high in B6, vitamin C and antioxidants. Additionally, they have a low glycemic index. High dietary fiber provides the sensation of fullness and satiety, curbing urges to overeat. Purple sweet potato has anthocyanins and may also help with weight loss and body composition. Also helps in the prevention of Colon Cancer. When boiled purple sweet potato are low glycemic index (GI) food, because of the presence of anthocyanin, meaning they will not spike your blood sugar as much as high GI foods.
Since it is highly seasonal yes you can get purple sweet potato only during fall-winter months. So, grab them. I am going to make some bread, and a pie.
Coming to this Purple Sweet potato Strawberry Smoothie
You need 7 ingredients to make this smoothie
1) Purple sweet potato: I used baked purple sweet potato; you can use boiled sweet potato that will moister than the baked sweet potato. I like the caramelization of flavor that is why I used.
2) Strawberries: I used fresh strawberries if you want you can use frozen one too.
3) Lemon Juice: You can use lime too if you don’t have lemon in hand.
3) Banana: I used frozen banana by that I can skip adding the ice cubes. If you are using fresh ones try to add some ice cubes.
4) Milk: I used Diary free NOT Milk you can use almond milk or oat milk. You can use your favorite one.
5) Spices: I have added sweet potato pie spices, such as ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground ginger you can add all of them or at least just cinnamon.
6) Roasted Hemp seeds: I used it as topping, you can play with coconut, almonds as topping.
Tips to make Creamy Rich Smoothie.
1) You need to use mashed sweet potato. Make sure to mash fine either using a potato masher or a food processor.
2) If you want you can use any berries, blueberries, blackberries will enhance the color
3) Try to use whole diary free milk to get extra creaminess.
4) Spices are must at least cinnamon and nutmeg should be used.
This recipe only makes one serving, you can double or triple the recipe to make. If you want to try it as smoothie bowl add ½ avocado that will increase the thickness as well as creaminess.
If you are not able to find purple sweet potato, then here is the recipe for you to try following smoothie recipes made with sweet potato.
If you tried this recipe please tag me in @nidhinikhil in Instagram or Zesty South Indian Kitchen in Facebook. I love to see your creations.
Purple Sweet Potato Strawberry Smoothie
- ½ cup Mashed sweet potato puree
- 6 Strawberries
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 cup diary free milk I used NOT Milk
- 1 small frozen banana
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hemp seeds roasted, salted as topping
- Process everything in high speed blender.
- Sprinkle some extra cinnamon and hemp seeds
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.