Delicious Rajgira Aloo roti flatbread made with gluten free amaranth flour and potato and spices. Simple flat bread goes well with any curry.
RAJGIRA ALOO ROTI: AMARANTH FLOUR AND POTATO FLAT BREAD
- 11/2 cup 200g Rajgira flour/Amaranth flour
- 1 /2 cup 158 g Cooked Mashed potato
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Use rock salt if you are making for Vrat/fasting
- 1 tablespoon coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Boiling water
- 1/4 cup Rice flour for rolling if you have amaranth flour in hand use it
- 3 tablespoon Oil I used olive oil
- n a bowl add rajgira/amaranth flour, salt, cumin, chili powder a tablespoon of coconut oil along with mashed cooked potato and gradually add boiled water to form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal rounds about a size of lemon and set aside.
- Take one ball of dough and drench it into bowl of rice flour/ amaranth flour and spread it with the help of roller. Use more flour to prevent the flat bread from sticking. You need to have patient at this phase, it won’t form round immediately you need to practice a little bit. If you have tortilla press in hand take and use it now.
- Other easy way I found out that take Ziploc and brush the surface with oil and place the dough ball slowly spread it into a circle with your hand.
- Heat griddle or skillet and carefully place the roti and cook for about 1 minute on each side. When you get brown spots on each side it is cooked well.
- Remove from the fire and brush it with oil on both sides.
I am linking this delicious roti/flat bread to
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.