What we are looking in simple vanilla cupcakes is it should be moist, and taste perfect and sweetness needs to balanced well with frosting and cupcakes.
Here comes the recipe, try it, I can give you assurance it won’t let fail you.
Red White and Blue Cupcakes
- ½ cup cake flour
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter room temperature, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 eggs
- ¼ cup+3 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Red blue icing color(gel color)
- For butter cream
- ¼ cup solid vegetable shortening
- ¼ cup ½ stick butter or margarine softened
- ½ teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar approximately ½ lb.
- 1 tablespoons milk
- About 1 ½ cups of icing.
- Directions for cake
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In bowl of stand mixer add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and stir together using paddle attachment for about a minute. Enough to get them nice and combined.
- With mixer on low, drop in butter, a few cubes at a time continuing until all butter is in and mixer resembles coarse sand.
- In a small bowl mix milk, egg and vanilla.
- With mixer still on low slowly pour in milk, egg and vanilla. Turn mixer to medium and beat for 2 minutes until batter is smooth, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Divide batter into three equal parts; add one portion with red and other with blue icing color. Leave the third one colorless. Mix well so that colors gets combined well.
- Fill liners ⅔ full, with heaping 1 tablespoon red color first and then white color and finally add blue color batter and bake for 22 minutes until centers are set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Directions for Vanilla butter cream frosting
- In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
- For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using
Fore more cupcakes recipes check here
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.