Shankarpali /Sweet fried cookies
- 1 C All purpose flour/Maida
- 1/4 Cup Semolina/Rava
- 2 ½ tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 nos Cardamom
- 4 Cup Canola Oil for frying
- Mix all purpose flour, semolina, ghee, baking soda, salt and cardamom together in a medium bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat milk, water and sugar brings to a boil. Add this boiled milk into the flour mix to form smooth dough.
- Spread the dough into 20 inch length and 15 inch wide rectangle. Using a pizza cutter cut into strips first and then into 1 inch long diamond shaped pieces with ½ inch thick.
- Heat oil in thick bottom pan when it reaches hot ( 350F) add pieces of dough fry these small pieces until it become golden brown and cooked well. It takes about 9 minutes to cook one batch.
- Drain them into kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- It should crisp but not hard.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.