If you are looking for vegetarian thanksgiving sides, then try this smoky chorizo stuffing made with MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles.
November is here, that means Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. On Thanksgiving table, foods that grace the magazine covers show the big platters and the star of the show will be stuffing. And when I say stuffing, I mean the most classic, herby, moist, and fragrant bread stuffing — just like what you get out of the box, but even better. For that I used MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles (13.5oz Value Pack) from Walmart to make this Smoky Chorizo stuffing.
Best part is that this MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles are vegan and excellent meatless option for your Thanksgiving tables. After all, MorningStar Farms products are not only for vegetarians - they are for everyone!
For me Thanksgiving and holidays are for get together and making memories and enjoying delicious food. This Smoky Chorizo stuffing is completely vegetarian, you need only bread, vegetable broth (I used home made one as I can control the salt content), vegetables like onion, celery, carrot etc. I used sourdough bread, you can use regular one too.
First make the list and grab ingredients and shop using Walmart's Online Grocery Pickup Service. You can order everything in the morning and pick it around 2-3 pm. Afterall Thanksgiving is to share the love of your food with friends and family, not to stress about grocery shopping during the busy time of year.
I did add a green chili and small amount of paprika to spice it up little bit you can skip it if you don’t want.
Stuffing is the bready-casserole-goodness that soaks up gravy and sits beside the turkey. Whether you're looking for a satisfying alternative to vegetarian thanksgiving meal or want to have a variety of vegetable-forward side dishes, this recipe is a perfect one for the holiday season. You can serve this smoky chorizo stuffing along with other Thanksgiving meatless appetizers, side dishes, and main dishes that will delight everyone at the table.
Smoky Chorizo Stuffing
- ¾ cup MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles
- 3 cup bread cubes
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup carrot chopped
- 1 green chili optional
- ¼ teaspoon paprika optional
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tomato chopped into cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt (Adjust the amount if you are using sodium containing vegetable broth
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + oil for greasing the casserole dish
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a pan, add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened. Add garlic, green chili, paprika and tomato if using cook another minute or so. To this add MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- To this add vegetable broth, and bread and check the salt.
- Add this bread-veggie-chorizo mixture to prepared baking dish. Bake until heated through and golden. Mine took about 25 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro just prior to serving.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.