This is sponsored post with Cello Cheese However all opinion are 100% mine. #CelloMusicToYourMouth
If you are looking for an easy appetizer for your holiday parties, then here is a solution for you. Try this Spiced Parmesan Crusted Brussels sprouts, simple and easy recipe made with Cello Artisan Parmesan cheese. You can get this cheese from your local Sprouts store. Parmesan crusts make everything drool worthy.
Do you know Cello Artisan Parmesan cheese has bold nutty flavors with notes of custard apple aged 12 months? I decide to add this goodness into my favorite recipe of Spiced Parmesan crusted Brussels sprouts.
Best part of this recipe is that it is diabetic friendly that everybody can enjoy. Also, you can make it ahead, steam the brussels sprouts and refrigerate for one day and next day continue with rest of the steps. Even if you are hater of Brussels Sprouts you are going to its fan with one bite.
For me everything requires to be little spiced up, so I added spices to the Parmesan panko crust. You can skip the spice if you want, but I think spices and Parmesan goes well hand in hand make each bite unique experience. I also found that cumin and Brussels sprouts go really well with this recipe. Steamed Brussels sprouts makes soft interior and Parmesan, panko, spices make crispy touch to it.
Make sure to cut the Brussels sprouts into two halves and choose it get uniform crispiness.
This recipe you can make things in pantry, but make sure to add Cello Artisan cheese. You can also grab the fresh Brussels sprouts from the Sprouts store. I like Sprouts because you can get various good produce which you can’t get it in the other stores. I can’t always go to farmers market because one near my house is opens only for a few months in a year. If you are hostess of holiday parties or looking for a side for your everyday dinner or lunch give this recipe a try, it will be ready in less than 35 minutes and you can enjoy with simple marinara sauce. Even you can try this as game day snack. After all there is only 10g carbs when you severe ½ half cup of this Parmesan crusted Brussels sprouts.
Spiced Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2- pound Brussels sprouts trimmed, halved if large
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs preferably whole-wheat
- ⅓ cup grated Cello Artisan Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Cooking spray/olive oil
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce
- Extra Grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Add Brussels sprouts, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl add Panko, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and mix well and set aside.
- Lightly beat egg in a shallow dish.
- Roll each sprout in egg to coat completely. Allow excess to drip off, then roll in the panko mixture to coat completely. Place the sprouts on the prepared baking pan with space between them. Coat the sprouts lightly with cooking spray.
pin it later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.