Delicious spiced pumpkin chocolate chip cookies made with pumpkin puree, chocolate chips and spices. Excellent cakey cookies on every bite.
If you are looking for simple pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookeis here it is . It is made with pumpkin puree, spices, chocolate chips. This is more like cakey coookies because of the softenes of the pumpkin puree.
After making pumpkin bread, I had some pumpkin puree left, and decided to make use of it. When I was looking for recipe idea on internet, I found this recipe; however debated a lot over making a pumpkin pie, I asked dear hubby will you even do a taste test.
How to make Spiced Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin puree: You need to use pumpkin puree not the pumpkin pie filling. If you don't have canned pumpkin puree in hand use homemade pupmikn puree .
Flour: I used all purpose flour, you can use also use a mix of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour
Egg: I used ½ of one large eggs, you can skip that too if you don't want it .
Sweetner: Both granulated sugar and brown sugar is used in the recipe. granulated sugar gives sweetness and brown sugar bring out flavors when it combine with pumpkin puree.
Leaveners : This recipe has both baking soda and baking powder which give lift to the cookie while baking.
Spices: I used Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, all spice and cloves.
Vanilla extact: This cookies is also flavored with little vanilla extarct
Chocoalte chips : I used semi sweet chocoalte chips. you can either use min chocolate chips too.
How I made Spiced pumpkin Chocolate chip Cookies ?
First add softend butter and cream with sugar, then add egg, vanilla extact and pumpkin puree. Then add flour spice mix and finally fold in Chococlate Chips.
If you are planning to make small cookies then go for 1 tablespoon dough
The Cookies came out really soft with cake like texture, and flavored with the taste of spices and chocolate chips it is wonderful. My kids loved it; they skipped their lunch to eat these cookies. Pumpkin puree did an awesome job of making them into soft cake like cookies. I was amazed to see that there is no overpowering pumpkin taste and it was subtle in the background.
If you want you can glaze the cookie with either creamcheese sugar frosting or simple frosting made with confectioners sugar and milk.
Try it you will like it, they are really tasty and yummy.
Here comes the recipe.
Spiced Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- ⅛ th teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter ½ stick, softened
- ½ cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ½ of one large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup heaped chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually mix in flour mixture.
- Finally fold in the chocolate chips and refrigerate for 30 minutes. When you are ready for baking drop rounded tablespoon of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets. Slightly press to flatten little bit.
- Bake cookies for about 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.