Spicy Baked zucchini chips are healthy snack recipe that is loaded with flavor and crunch, yet light in calories! Just 5 ingredients and you can create amazing appetizer.If you are looking for a simple appetizer with zucchini then try this spicy baked zucchini chips made with a few ingredients but at same time goes well with or without simple dip. This Spicy Baked spicy zucchini chips are a healthy snack recipe that is loaded with flavor and crunch, yet light in calories! Just 5 ingredients and you can create amazing appetizer.
What are the spices and herbs going well with Zucchini?
If you are not using any cheese, then you need to bring up the flavor. Zucchini is a bland vegetable however it goes well with other to make a delicious dish in the end. You need to flavor up with spices. Following combination of spices will goes well with zucchini.
- Garlic and olive oil will add natural flavor boost to zucchini dishes.
- Cayenne pepper: Touch of spiciness always increase deliciousness of any bland vegetables.
- Oregano is known for its savory quality along with its minty intensity can enhance the taste of zucchini dishes.
- Basil has a strong, aromatic flavor that enhances and balances the delicate flavors of squash and zucchini.
- Rosemary is known as pungent herb with distinct taste. On its own rosemary, fresh or dried, will complement the sweetness of squash and zucchini.
- Black pepper plays perfectly well with zucchini dishes.
- Cumin is the only spice I cannot live without. It has a warm, earthy flavor and aroma with a bit of both sweetness and bitterness play well with any vegetables.
- Italian seasoning is a mixture of several dried herbs that will enhance the flavors of grilled, baked, or sautéed squash and zucchini. Italian seasoning is composed of dried basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, and thyme.
Do you like more Zucchini Chips recipes?
How to make Zucchini chips?
This Zucchini chips you can enjoy with out any guilt, and is made with healthy ingredients, olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. You can eat this chip instead of potato chips and you can also use it as side dish.
Zucchini are available mainly in the summer, you can make paleo-friendly chips, without all the carbs.
Earlier I have made garam masala chips and crispy baked zucchini chips with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, so this time I do not want to add any cheese or breadcrumbs. It is only made with zucchini and yes zucchini takes center stage.
First make sure to slice the zucchini thin, if you want you can use Mandolin or knife will be fine too.
Then mix in with olive oil, salt, cumin, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Make sure to coat them well with spices so that you get a single coat of spices on all zucchini slices.
Bake it in 425 F pre-heated oven in single layer for 20 minutes. Then reduce the temperature 200F and cook for another 20 minutes or until crispy if you want crispy zucchini chips.
Spicy Baked Zucchini chips
- 1 zucchini washed and dried
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Scant ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F . Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice the zucchini with a knife or mandolin.
- In a large bowl add zucchini, combine the oil, salt, pepper, cumin powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- Toss well so that each slice is coated with the seasoned oil.
- Place the zucchini slices on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes watching very closely. When the zucchini starts to show some brown spots remove from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180-200 degrees. Return the zucchini to the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the slices are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and cool and enjoy
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.