Delicious spicy grilled chicken made with heat from Chipotle pepper and paprika and coriander and touch of lime juice and lime zest. Perfect meal with a salad or bowl or rice.
This is sponsored post on behalf of Chefstemp however all my opinion are 100% mine. "
If you are looking for a simple chicken spicy grilled chicken, then here is a recipe for you. You only need a few spices and with less marination you can get wonderful grilled chicken.
Best part is you can make use of ingredients in your pantry .
The chicken is juicy and not overly spicy and has a great taste.
How do you make grilled chicken?
Preparing your chicken
Buy and select best chicken to make perfect juicy grilled chicken. Also marinate the chicken for at least 1-2 hours.
Best parts for grilling chicken are Breast (bone-in or boneless), Thighs, Drumsticks, and Wings. Also, you can use with bone-in and skin on .
Always chicken marinade consists of Fat (oil/yogurt/buttermilk), Acid (vinegar/ lime or lemon juice) and Seasonings (which includes spices and herbs).
Pre heat the grill to medium high heat.
Simple chicken marinade includes
Coriander powder ( Influenced from chicken curry )
Lemon juice and lemon zest
Onion and garlic powder ( is optional)
I didn’t add brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup. If you want, you can add them to make it spicy with hint of sweetness.
Marinate the chicken for 1-2 hours maximum up to 4 hours. Once ¾th chicken marination time is over pre-heat the grill.
Variation to this Spicy version?
Instead of these spices you can use following spice combinations.
Combination of Dijon mustard, coriander powder, brown sugar add pepper
How to prepare and preheat your grill
- Preheat your grill. You need to pre-heat the grill to 400˚F so that it will help to remove leftovers of last grill sticking to grates.
- Then using a brush carefully remove any leftover sticking to grates
- Oil the grates
- Place chicken skin-side down and grill for 5-6 minutes until grill marks appear. Flip your chicken and cook for another 6-8 minutes more until the internal temp reaches 165 °F (73.9 °C). I used Chefstemp thermometer to measure it.
5. Once cooked enjoy with a bed of salad or bowl.
Agreeing to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, internal temperature is the only best way to determine whether food is adequately cooked or not.
USDA research reveals that the “color test” can give consumers misleading information about the safety of the foods they are preparing, since cooked color varies considerably depending how it has been processed, for example frozen and thawing can make color test difficult to conclude.
In addition to chicken, you can use Chefstemp thermometer to measure temperature for beef, pork, veal, lamb, fish, eggs and bread. I found that it measures perfect temperature every time.
Fish it should be done when it registers 145°F (62.8 °C).
For soft bread it should 195˚ F for crusted sourdough bread it should reach about 205-210˚F.
For Hamburgers it should register 160°F (71.1 °C) when instant-read meat thermometer through the side of a burger into the center.
Beef, Pork, Veal & Lamb Steaks, chops, roasts 145 °F (62.8 °C) and allow to rest for at least 3 minutes
Brisket is ready when meat pull part easily which is around 165 to 175 degrees F ( 74 to 79 degrees C)
Plant based burger recommends cooking the plant-based product about 4 minutes on each side but always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F (73.9 °C).
Eggnog and other egg-based dishes it should reaches 160°F ( 71.1 °C)
Do you love more chicken recipes?
Spicy Grilled Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast about 1 lb
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder
- 11/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ lime juice
- ½ lime zest
- 2 tablespoon oil
- In a medium bowl or Ziploc bag, add Chicken and then add garlic paste, Chipotle chili powder, salt, ground coriander, paprika, and crushed pepper. Lime juice and zest.
- Toss to coat, rubbing seasonings on both sides of the chicken breast.
- Marinate the chicken breast for about 1-2 hours or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place chicken on preheated grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Cook until chicken registers temperature of is 165 degrees F.
- Enjoy with salad or rice bowl.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.