This post has been compensated by The Women Bloggers, LLC. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone #PostCerealCreations
My kids love strawberries and breakfast cereal and hubby is a fan of cheese cake. Happy mama decides to make this strawberry cereal cheesecake bars. My daughter also wanted to help in making it. This happened only after a serious brain storming session to decide whether to make cookies or cheesecake or muffins. I choose cereal cheesecake bars as it easy to have individual serving. Rather than serving a big slice. I wanted to use Honey bunches of oats®with real strawberries. Both daughter and son is Post cereal fans so making any treat with it ensures that it will be finished without much problem.
You can grab Honey bunches of oats®with real strawberries from your local Wal-Mart in cereal aisle. Do you know, Honey Bunches of Oats® with Real Strawberries is low in fat and has 9g of whole grains per serving with 9 essential vitamins and minerals? Dried strawberries give perfect tang to the cereal. Have them as your breakfast cereal bowl and also use it to make this delicious Cheesecake bars.
My strawberry cereal cheesecake bars are made with crispy crust with cheesecake filling which is lesser amount that in normal cheesecake. My friend told me it is perfect amount rather than the high in lots of cheesecake. Also skipped adding any strawberry filling or preserve and only used slightly macerated fresh fruit to retain the original taste.
These strawberry cereal cheesecake bars are great recipe for your family dinner or any backyard parties or a get together. Guest will like it as it is not heavy and at the same time tasty. You can double or triple the recipe. I used cereal only for the base if you want you can use fresh fruit with strawberry coils and sprinkle little more extra cereal for double crunch.
Before making the recipe, hubby has only one request if you are making cheesecake bar then it should taste as cheesecake? After tasting the first bite he told this one is really very good. If you like more cheesecake filling for your bar increases it. But I will stick with this.
Strawberry Cereal Cheesecake Bars
- For crust
- 3 cups Cereal
- 7 tablespoon melted butter
- For filling Double the amount if you want more cheesecake filling in your bar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup half and half you can use sour cream, milk or heavy cream
- For macerated strawberry.
- 5 strawberries hulled and cut it into thin slice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- First pre heat oven to 325 F and line 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, this will help you remove from pan easily.
- Pulse the Honey Bunches of Oats® with Real Strawberries in a food process once or twice make sure not make too much powdery. To this add melted butter and mix well. Spread into uniform layer
- Then make cream cheese filling with softened cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla extract and half and half and layer them over the cereal layer. Spread it uniformly.
- Bake it in pre heated oven for 30 minutes at 325F center should be slightly wobbly.
- While cheesecake bars are baking make macerated strawberries by adding sugar and strawberries in a bowl and refrigerate until you ready to use.
- Once it is cooled down keep it in refrigerated until you serve.
- When you are ready to serve cut it into 2 -3 inch pieces and place macerated strawberry on the top.
- If you want more cheesecake filling then double the amount of filling.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.