Delicious Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies made with Strawberry cake mix. With 6 ingredients you can make delicious cookies .
Valentine’s Day is this weekend. My daughter and son are going to have Valentine’s Day party at school tomorrow. I bought chips for his school and for her, candy and stickers. In the meantime I also made these strawberry chocolate chip cookies from strawberry cake mix.
I am not a fan of strawberry cake mix, but only bought for trying this recipe. It is simple just easy recipe, just add egg, oil and chocolate chip into the mix and make cookies. It is really beautiful. It is slightly on sweeter side. As it is Valentine so there is no harm in being little sweet. Next time I will add some sour cream or cream cheese to balance it out. Anything with chocolate chips has fans in our home. Yes kids loves candies and cookies, I try to make it for them.
Next on my agenda is to make with fresh strawberries I don’t how it is going to turn out, I will try it and let you know if it is good I will blog about it. If you didn’t hear about that in near future, it means it failed miserably. I will tell you some funny thing happened today. I was looking for a traditional Bengali recipe. Then came across a link in the thekitchn site about five book you need to have for Indian cooking. Among the list my eyes got a glimpse of a beautifully pictured book (author runs an Indian restaurant). Decide to peek it in Amazon. One thing I like about Amazon is before buying you can take a look at what is inside. I look quickly on few recipes from it. Finally got hold of a recipe about green beans thoran which I make it more often at home, so just checked the ingredients. Trust me I did got a shock, she is using fenugreek/Methi/Uluva seeds, which is bitter and never used in thoran recipes in Kerala and also ginger paste. Ginger and garlic paste are part of non-vegetarian and north Indian style cooking, in Kerala we never add it to any thoran recipe. Also she is selling that book for about $27.23, only 3 reviews are there and all very critical about this book. Now I know don’t go for recipes just based on food photography, great taste is everything if you a cooking a food or when somebody wants to taste what you cook or tries your recipe. Every day we are learning something.
Here comes the delicious strawberry chocolate chips cookies, Give it a try you will like it adjust the sugar content if you want it.
Flour and baking powder
Egg +oil+ vanilla extract
Mix before addition of chocolate chips
With chooclate chips
Shape and ready for baking
Strawberry Chocolate chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup /8 ounce/227g Strawberry cake mix I used Betty corkers
- 1/2 teaspoon /2g baking powder
- 1/2 cup/3.8 ounce/108g Chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon canola oil Substitute with sour cream/ cream cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. You can line the pa with parchment paper if you want I didn't.
- In a medium bowl add flour and baking powder and mix really well and set aside.
- In a small bowl add egg, oil , vanilla extract and lightly beat the egg really well
- Add this wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix really well.
- Finally fold in the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Make 1 tablespoon ball out the dough and place it 2 inch apart in cookie sheet.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Make sure not to change the color.
- Remove from the oven and cool it in cookie sheet for 10 minutes and then cool completely in wire rack
- Once it is cooled transfer to airtight container and enjoy.
You might also like:
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.