Delicious Tandoori Paneer skewers with vegetables and Tandoori chicken skewers with vegetables made with same marinade.
Disclosure: I received samples from Smokin-O’s BBQ Smoke Rings as part of #RecipeMakeover . #ad .However all the opinion are mine.
What is Tandoori Food?
Indian cuisine is really vast but coming to grilling or using oven only few dishes are there. Tandoor is earth oven commonly used to make Indian flat bread, tandoori vegetables, paneer (Indian cheese) and chicken. Mainly tandoori recipes are from North India especially Punjab. Since tandoor is not available here, tandoori paneer and vegetables and tandoori chicken are made using grill. I made both tandoori paneer skewrs with vegetables and tandoori chicken in a grill.
I have received Smokin-O’s BBQ Smoke Rings as a part of #RecipeMakeover. They sent me 3 wood rings you can use it in gas grill which will increase the flavor of food you are grilling. These are Smokin-O’s BBQ Smoke Rings -, Original, Smokin-O’s BBQ Smoke Rings – 100% Mesquite Wood, and Smokin-O’s BBQ Smoke Rings -, 100% Applewood. Since I don’t have gas grill, I asked my friend if I could use her grill and she immediately said yes. First we planned to grill lot of stuffs, later decide to make only few of them. LikeTandoori paneer skewers with Vegetables and grilled corn for me and Tandoori chicken for my friend and hubby.
I marinated both paneer and veggies and chicken for 3 hours and took it to her house, and we started heating the gas grill and put smoke rings then next game was to waiting for the smoke to show up in the smoke rings. We were like kids watching every few minutes that event is happening or not. Finally smoke showed up and we put paneer and vegetables and chicken on the grill. After 5 minutes on the grill, each paneer was cooked well and sure original smoke rings added some flavor while tasting I can feel that.
For grilling chicken I used 100% apple wood Smoke Rings. My friend and hubby told me they tasted great. Coming to the recipe I used a common marinade for both. I made marinade with tandoor masala, paprika, pepper, salt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic past and Greek yogrut. I didn’t add any oil. Simple yet flavorful recipe.
For corn I just grilled it and then add salt and cayenne pepper if you don’t want skip this step and just grill the corn and enjoy.
Since Barbecue season is going to start soon and you may want to fire up the grill and want to try Smokin-O wood rings, then make sure to enter the giveaway and you can get a chance to win amazing goodies from various sponsors.
Here comes the recipe. This Tandoori paneer Skeweers with vegetables and Tandoori chicken is so yummy. give this one a try during this grilling season.
Make sure to visit the other food blogs to check their delicious recipes made during #recipemakeover.
Other grilling recipes are
Tandoori paneer skewers with Vegetables #RecipeMakeover
- 8 oz Paneer ( Indian Cheese cut it into 2 inch pieces)
- 11/2 pound of chicken breast cut it into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper 2 inch pieces
- 1 onion cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini cut into into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic
- 2 tbsp tandoori masala
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon fat free sour cream/greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- First make the marinade and use 1/2 portion to chicken and 1/4 portion to paneer and vegetables.
- Cut the chicken, and paneer marinate for about 3 hours. Marinate paneer and vegetables together. For chicken Skewer only marinate chicken pieces.
- Then skewer the chicken and onion as well as the bell pepper in a pattern and keep aside. Preheat your grill at 400 degrees with Smokin O smoke rings according to manufactures instruction. Then lay the paneer, chicken skewers on the grill for about 6 minutes and turn the other side for 6 minutes in the case of chicken for paneer you only need 4 minutes on each side.
- Grill corn on one side of grill and cook until it done. Make sure to filp few times to get uniform cooking.
- Serve with some lime wedges and enjoy!
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.