TRES LECHES PASTEL CON SABOR A CAFÉ /COFFEE FLAVORED TRES LECHES CAKE
- 2 egg whites I used jumbo large
- ¼ cup granulated sugar divided
- 2 egg yolks I used Jumbo large
- ½ cup all-purpose flour sifted
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder I used Aluminum free one
- ½ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- ¼ cup Evaporated Milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon Instant coffee ( granules dissolved in 2 tablespoon hot water )
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 11/2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 oz dark chocolate shaved
- Maraschino Cherries
- FOR CAKE:PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Butter 1 1.2 quarts loaf pan 3.2 " H x 11.5 " W x 5.0 " D Sift the flour, baking powder into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Separate the eggs, putting the whites in a medium bowl and the yolks in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, beat the yolks with 2 tablespoons of the sugar on medium speed until the mixture is pale and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the milk and vanilla and beat until combined, 1 minute more.
- Clean and dry the beaters and then beat the egg whites, gradually increasing the speed to high, until they reach soft peaks, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining sugar in a stream, continuing to beat on high, until you reach firm but not dry peaks, 1 to 2 minutes more. Whisk a third of the dry ingredients into the yolk mixture until thoroughly combined. Gently fold in a third of the egg whites with a rubber spatula. Fold in the remaining dry ingredients and egg whites, alternately, in two more batches each, until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish or pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 28 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then invert the cake onto the rack, remove the parchment, and let cool completely.
- Return the cake to the baking dish or pan (the cake will soak up more of the liquid if returned to the pan it was baked in), or invert it onto a rimmed platter.
- Soak the cake:In a small bowl stir together the condensed milk, evaporated milk, heavy cream, coffee, until the condensed milk is well blended. With a toothpick/fork, prick the cake to the bottom in ½-inch intervals. Pour the soaking liquid slowly over the cake, starting at the edges and pausing to let it soak in before adding more. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the cake is well chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Top the cake: In a large bowl add cream and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed. When it begins to thicken, slowly add the sugar and vanilla and continue to beat just until it holds firm peaks, 3 to 4 minutes (be careful not to over beat). Spread the whipped cream all over the top of the cake, sprinkle the chocolate shaving and maraschino cherries and serve.
Pin for later
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.