Delicious Vegan double Chocolate orange cookies. Classic combo of orange and chocolate cookies. The cocoa and chocolate bars provide a dominant chocolate flavor with just a hint of orange in the background thanks for orange juice and orange zest
This is a sponsored post part of #choctoberfest. I have received product from Divine Chocolate. However, all my opinion are mine. #MakeSomethingDivine
If you are chocolate cookie fan, then you should give this cookie a try. These are not only delicious cookies but also vegan. Yes, I know chocolate and orange make a good team. I always buy the baking chocolate bar when I go to the grocery store. This is double treat chocolate cookie with coca powder and bittersweet chocolate bars. If you want, you can add semi sweet chocolate bars. Only a few ingredients are needed to put together this Vegan double Chocolate Orange Cookies.
Why Chocolate Orange pairing?
Dark chocolate and orange are a match made in heaven. Orange trees were natural in Southern China and North Eastern India. By the 1400s, oranges became a staple on the trade route between China and continental Europe, a celebrated commodity among privileged and wealthy Europeans. Chocolate was initially embraced by Spanish Royalty, who sweetened cacao powder with rare sugar and spices, and then mixed it with orange flower water. That time chocolate was used as beverage and continued as such until the discovery of solid chocolate. This chocolate orange flower water cocktail was the first inspiration of citrus and chocolate pairings that now have an iconic place in the world of chocolate.
I used Divine Chocolate 100% Baking bars and coca. Both baking products are vegan society certified and made with high quality products.
How I made Vegan Chocolate Orange cookies?
I want to get ample chocolate flavor so used both cocoa and bittersweet chocolate bars, fresh orange juice and orange zest. I used flax seed as egg substitute you can also try chia seed if you want.
I used coconut oil for the fat content. The texture is perfect: just a little crispy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. The Coca and chocolate bars provide a dominant chocolate flavor with just a hint of orange in the background thanks for orange juice and orange zest.
For more chocolate recipes please check here.
Don’t forget to enter the $400 dollars’ worth gifts from various sponsors going on this week. Check this link to enter the giveaway.
Vegan Double Chocolate Orange Cookies
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 ¼ cups 163.5 g all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup 22g Dutch-process cocoa powder I used Divine Cocoa Powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Bitter chocolate chunks* I used 100% Divine Bitter Chocolate bars
- Juice of half a large orange
- Zest of a large orange divided
- In a small bowl, combine flax meal and ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoon cold water. Chill for about 15 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, orange zest and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil and both sugars until creamy. Add flax mixture and vanilla; and orange juice and blend until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat until combined. Fold in chocolate chunks .
- Scoop dough into 1 ½ tablespoon balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Set cold dough balls onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until just set in the center, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool the cookies in rack completely. Sprinkle more orange zest and enjoy
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.