Delicious Vegan Jalapeno cornbread waffle sandwich with sauasage patties and homemade Pico de Gallo, topped with cashew cream.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. . #VeggieNewYear #MorningStarFarms #CollectiveBias
This year I decided to change my diet, and that means adding more healthier options to it. Thus, I am in search of making dishes with good ingredients. If you think about waffle sandwich it is classic breakfast dish and a heavy one too. In order to make it light and delicious I made this savory waffle sandwich MorningStar Farms® Sausage Patty Pack on a homemade vegan jalapeno cornbread waffles.
I trust MorningStar Farms® products, because they are not only delicious, but convenient too. MorningStar Farms products are not only for vegetarians – they are for everyone! You can find it in the frozen food section at Walmart. MorningStar Farms products are an “as-is” best meal solution.
My hubby is a fan of jalapeno cornbread waffles, so decide to incorporate it into my waffle sandwich. He is savory guy so decide to make savory waffles.
Once waffle is made then top with homemade Pico de Gallo and sausage patty and then cashew cream, if you don’t want to keep it strictly vegan go for sour cream or Mexican creama. Waffles has spicy touch from jalapenos. Pico de Gallo has fresh tomato and onions and pepper perfectly balanced with sausage patties and cream make it perfect end. Thus, every bite you get wonderful experience. Best part is the you can stay on track with the New Year Resolutions. Sill don’t miss anything. Making a healthier dish does not mean you have to sacrifice the taste you are longing for, go ahead and buy MorningStar Farms®’s plant-based bacon & sausage and make this tasty waffle sandwich.
After all we need a filling and delicious breakfast to start our day.
Vegan Jalapeno Cornbread Waffle Sandwich
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 cup ground cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend all-purpose would also work
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Ener-G egg replacer
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon garlic chives optional
- For Assembly
- 1 cup homemade Pico de Gallo
- 6 MorningStar Farms® Sausage Patty
- ¼ cup cashew cream / sour cream / Mexican crema
- Combine the almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and the apple cider vinegar mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, cumin, and paprika and thoroughly mix. To this add chopped jalapenos and chives and mix well and Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix Ener-G egg replacer with ½ tablespoon of hot water and set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients including the egg replacer to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Let stand for 10 minutes, while you let the waffle maker heat up.
- Cook waffles according to your waffle maker's instructions. Top with Pico de Gallo, sausage patty and finally cashew cream or sour cream.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.