Delicious waffle bars with easy to put together homemade sauces.makes excellent paring for your get together or as special treat.
” width=”720″ height=”480″>
My kids love Waffles, especially if it has chocolate chips in it. I thought why I don’t plan a weekend mom and daughter breakfast with waffle bar with homemade sauces. I trust homemade sauces than store-bought one as I can control what is going in it. My daughter loves to watch “Spirit Riding Free “series in Netflix. You can watch all 7 seasons in Netflix. I decided to make an Eggo waffle bar and Reddi-Wip to pair with homemade sauces for “spirit” filled breakfast with my daughter. It also is a great occasion to enjoy not so regular homemade sauce for waffles together while watching “Spirit Riding Free” on Netflix.
” width=”563″ height=”1024″>
Spirit Riding Free is both educational and a social learning experience. It teaches children about family, friendship, respect, and compassion towards animals. It allows children to explore the frontier in a fun way. There is no show like that on TV, and love watching the show with my daughter. The show instills confidence, strategic thinking, and how to set goals. Here is the synopsis of “Spirit Riding Free “series in Netflix.”. Set during the 19th century in the small town of Miradero, Texas, a 12-year-old girl named Lucky, and a wild kiger mustang named Spirit and their everyday adventures across the land with Lucky and her friends with their horses.
” width=”720″ height=”520″>
Everyday my daughter enjoys her waffles with simple maple or pancake syrup. So, I decided to make it special with not so regular sauce for waffles, yes, I made Mexican chocolate sauce, Mixed berry sauce and Raspberry sauce. Each has its own flavor and taste which it brings to every bite of waffles. I went for Eggo Buttermilk Waffle for myself whereas my daughter I got Eggo Chocolate chip Waffle. To go with it I also had Reddi-wip original 130z which bought from local Walmart. Best part is that when Eggo Waffles are warm, they are fluffy and delicious.Toasts up to a delicious golden crisp in just minutes. When comes to Reddi-wip, it uses best dairy cream in original flavors. Also have less hydrogenated oils than other frozen whipped toppings – real cream is its top priority.
You can play with your toppings, I used sprinkles, strawberries, banana, cashew nuts and chocolate chips. I warmed up waffles and then drizzled with maple syrup and top with Reddi-wip and then add Mexican chocolate sauce or raspberry sauce or Mixed berry sauce.
” width=”595″ height=”1024″>
You can make the sauces the day before serving. Then next day set up the waffle bar and get ready to watch movie. If you made these treats let me know how it turned out for you.
” width=”720″ height=”470″>
After it fun to have mom-daughter date with good breakfast.
” width=”720″ height=”1006″>
Waffle Bar with Homemade sauces
- For waffle Bars
- Eggo Chocolate chip Waffle
- Eggo Buttermilk Waffle
- Reddi-wip original
- Maple syrup
- Mexican chocolate sauce recipe provided
- Raspberry sauce recipe provided
- Mixed berry sauce recipe provided
- Cashew nuts
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mexican Chocolate Sauce:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces Mexican chocolate grated*
- 2 ounces Dark Chocolate
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Mixed Berry Sauce
- 1 Cups Mixed berries Blackberries, Blueberries and strawberries
- ¼ Cup orange juice
- ½ Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cornstarch
- Raspberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ¾ cup water
- Half of ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mexican chocolate sauce: Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until cream comes to a low boil. Reduce heat to low, then add the grated Mexican chocolate and dark chocolate. Whisk the mixture until smooth and glossy. Switch off the heat and stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Mixed Berry Sauce: Combine berries, orange juice, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Raspberry Sauce: In a saucepan, combine the raspberries, ¾ cups water and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Mash raspberry mixture and strain through a fine sieve into a 2-cup measuring cup; discard seeds. Return to the saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch until smooth; gradually stir into raspberry mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool. Store in the refrigerator.
- For Waffles
- Toast the Eggo buttermilk waffle and Eggo chocolate chip waffle
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Then top with another waffle and drizzle homemade raspberry sauce /mixed berry sauce/ Mexican chocolate sauce and fresh fruits strawberry/ blueberry/ banana
- Finish off with Reddi-Wip with sprinkles/chocolate chip and cashew nuts. Again, if you want you can drizzle raspberry sauce or Mexican chocolate sauce.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.