Smoky Chorizo Stuffing
If you are looking for vegetarian thanksgiving sides, then try this smoky chorizo stuffing made with MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 people
- ¾ cup MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles
- 3 cup bread cubes
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup carrot chopped
- 1 green chili optional
- ¼ teaspoon paprika optional
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tomato chopped into cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt (Adjust the amount if you are using sodium containing vegetable broth
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + oil for greasing the casserole dish
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
In a pan, add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened. Add garlic, green chili, paprika and tomato if using cook another minute or so. To this add MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
To this add vegetable broth, and bread and check the salt.
Add this bread-veggie-chorizo mixture to prepared baking dish. Bake until heated through and golden. Mine took about 25 minutes.
Garnish with fresh cilantro just prior to serving.