Asparagus Stir fry (Keto friendly, Vegan, Gluten free)
Delicious Asparagus, red bell pepper stir fry cooked with Indian spices great side dish .
Servings: 4 Serving
- 1 red Chile such as Fresno or Holland, thinly sliced, seeded if you prefer less heat
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb. asparagus trimmed, thinly sliced on a diagonal about ¼" thick
- ¼ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ½ of red bell pepper thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¾ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne optional, I didn’t add if you want you can
Heat oil in a skillet/kadai, then add mustard seeds when it starts popping add cumin seeds. Than add onion and half of salt and once it become translucent add asparagus, red bell pepper and cumin, turmeric, pepper, salt and close the lid and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
Once the veggies are cooked still retained the crunchiness add cumin powder and cayenne ( if using). And switch off the flame.
Enjoy with your favorite main dish.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 441mg | Potassium: 311mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1475IU | Vitamin C: 42.7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2.8mg