Rhubarb Achar / Indian Style Rhubarb Pickle
Spicy South Indian Style Rhubarb Pickle goes well with bowl of rice or chapati.
- 1 ¾ cup Rhubarb Chopped into ½ inch pieces from 2 stalks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder I used really hot one use paprika instead you want mild
- 1 green chili
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- ¼ cup gingerly oil Use your favorite oil
- 2 teaspoon jaggery use brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon asafoetida
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and add mustard seeds when it starts popping add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
To this add chopped Rhubarb, green chili garlic cloves, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and jaggery and rest of oil
Once Rhubarb is soft, then switch off the flame.