Mexican chopped salad
Delicious colorful salad with lot veggies, protein, bursting with spicy, sweet, salty flavors.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 serving
- For Tortilla strips
- 3 corn tortillas cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For dressing
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For salad
- ½ cup red onion diced in ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup lettuce diced in ¼ inch pieces
- 1 roasted corn about ½ cup
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced in ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup green bell pepper diced in ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup canned black beans drained washed
- ½ cup jicama diced in ¼ inch pieces
- ¼ cup LA MORENA® whole Jalapenos diced in ¼ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon grated cojita cheese
For the dressing, combine lime juice, oil, honey, cumin and salt. And mix well by stirring continuously with a small whisk. Set aside.
For the corn tortilla strips, preheat oven to 400˚F.
Stack corn tortillas on a cutting board. Cut in half. Cut each stack of halves into thin strips, widthwise, about 1/4-inch thick.
Transfer tortilla strips to a sheet pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat.
Bake for 6 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes, or until light golden brown and crisp. Set aside to cool.
First roast the corn in a gas stove directly or in the oven and remove the kernels and set aside.
Combine corn and other salad ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add dressing and stir to coat all ingredients. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Serve with tortilla strips and cojita cheese on the top of bowl.