Fiery Tofu Stir Fry
Delicious fiery tofu stir fry with tofu veggies and spicy sauce. Goes well with bowl of rice.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 ½ tablespoon chili garlic sauce/sambal oelek
- 1 ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ¾ tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup green beans
- 4-6 oz extra firm tofu sliced into bite size stripes
- 1 half red bell pepper seeded and sliced into thin strips
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon minced ginger
- Basile leaves I didn’t add it as I don’t have it hand
In a bowl add the chili garlic sauce/ sambal oelek, soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
In a skillet heat oil over medium heat and add green beans and stir well so that oil gets coats the beans and begin to blister about 1 minutes. To this add bell pepper and fry for another 1 minute, then add tofu and fry until tofu get slightly brown. Transfer the tofu and veggies into a plate.
Bring back the skillet to heat and add minced garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about 20 seconds, return tofu and vegetables to the skillet and pour in the sambal mixtures. Cook for a minute or so until the tofu is nicely coated in the sauce. Stir in the basil ( if you have in hand ) and enjoy.