Spicy peanuts/ Masala kappalandi
Delicious spicy peanuts with thin layer for crust with flour and spices. Goes well with any drink, you can also use as cocktail peanuts.
Servings: 4 serving
- 1 1/2 cup peanut I used blanched you can use with shell
- 3/4 cup besan/chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetodia if you want gluten free skip this
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 6-7 tablespoon water
- 2 sprig of curry leaves
- Peanut oil for frying
In a bowl combine the besan/chickpea flour and rice flour and salt and rest of the spices.
Then add peanuts into the mixture and mix well once again
Gradually add water to form to thin coat around peanuts.
Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan. Once the oil reaches 375F add peanuts try to add as single peanuts that way it won't form a clumb
Fry the peanuts until it became golden brown in color. Flip in between few times.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 471mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 4mg