Sous Vide Salmon with Ginger and Soy Sauce Marinade
Delicious moist,tender salmon cooked by Sous Vide method. Simple marinade with flavors of ginger and soy perfectly blended with salmon.
Servings: 2 people
- For Brine
- 5 oz two pieces of Salmon
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- For Ginger Soy Marinade
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- For searing
- 1 tsp oil
First brine the salmon fillets.
Sprinkle salt and sugar all over the filets. Let sit for about 10 minutes, then rinse off with cold water. This is to firm up the fish and give deeper flavor.
Make Ginger Soy Marinade
In a bowl add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, ginger-garlic paste, olive oil, hot sauce, rice wine vinegar and cilantro. And mix well.
Add salmon fillets into a Ziploc bag then add ginger and soy sauce marinade. Seal the Ziploc bag air free by water replacement method. And keep it in 1 hour in refrigerator.
When you are ready sous vide switch on the Sousprime Multi Pot and press sous vide function and start according to manufactures instruction. The temperature starts with 122F. Gradually increase it to 130F and close the lid. Once the temperature reaches 130F. Gradually immerse the sealed bag and close the lid and cook for 40 min.
Remove the salmon fillets from the bag by draining the marinade with small cut in Ziploc bag. And sear the salmon fillets skin side down over high heat for 45 seconds. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges, sautéed peas and plain rice.
Delicious meal is ready.
- Make sure to brine the fish before starting Sous vide otherwise they tend to break so easily. This will firm up the fish and increase the flavor.
- You can sear the fish directly in stove top or with blow torch.
- If you have vacuum sealer, then you don't need to use water displacement method.
- * Since we are draining all the the marinade after cooking the salmon, nutrition rates are not that accurate.
Calories: 75.26kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.42g | Protein: 5.72g | Fat: 3.34g | Saturated Fat: 0.44g | Cholesterol: 12.99mg | Sodium: 1422.69mg | Potassium: 204.26mg | Fiber: 0.08g | Sugar: 4.23g | Vitamin A: 9.45IU | Vitamin C: 1.48mg | Calcium: 13.86mg | Iron: 0.87mg