Chocolate Walnut Streusel Muffins
Delicious,moist, lightly sweetened chocolate walnut streusel Muffins with plenty of richchocolate flavor with walnut streusel topping.
Servings: 9 pieces
- 1 cup 125g all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (1g) Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon 1g salt
- ⅓ cup 91g boiling water
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp ( 32g ) cocoa powder ( I used unsweetened )
- 2.5 ounce 71g bitter chocolate ( I used unsweetened 100% cacao)
- ½ teaspoon Instant espresso powder
- ½ cup+ 2 tablespoon ( 125g) packed dark brown sugar ( if you want sweet muffin change to granulated sugar )
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon (60g) Canola oil (You can use vegetable oil too )
- ¼ cup +2 tbsp (99g) sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup+ 2 tbsp Walnut toasted and chopped finely
- ¼ cup Walnut toasted
- 1 tablespoon 15g all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon 15g dark brown sugar packed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter cut into small pieces
In a food processor or a chopper add roasted walnut, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt. Pulse few times, then add butter and pulse 2-3 times more and set aside in a bowl
In a medium bowl, add flour, salt and baking soda and whisk together.
In another bowl add hot water, instant expresso powder, cocoa powder, and bitter chocolate mix well so that everything will be combined well also chocolate melted completely.
In a large bowl add egg, sugar and oil and mix well to this add chocolate mixture in two additions.
Then add vanilla extract and sour cream and mix once again.
Finally add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and just mix everything make sure not to over mix the batter.
Finally fold in the toasted chopped walnuts into the muffin batter.
Transfer the batter into prepared muffin tin and top with streusel topping.
Bake at 375-degree Fahrenheit (190 C) for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the muffins in muffin tin for about 10 minutes and remove from the muffin tin and cool completely and serve.
You can store this muffin in room temperature in airtight container for 1-2 days. And Freeze them for longer use.
This recipe is adapted from America’s test kitchen Everything chocolate cookbook.
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 172IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 4mg