Today is Halloween, the most important festival for my kids, they have waiting for this day for a very long time. Even planning a year ahead to decide to wear which costume. This is favorite festival for them, after which comes Christmas and birthdays. Since my daughter is candy freak I decide to make this cheese witches broom bread sticks, that will give some escape of sweetness. My Son on the other hand more interested in dress up and less on candies.
Some of friends told me I got day and night in them. Yes, they are like day and night. He like to spice up things where as she is straightforward, never says any lie, even if that brings her trouble just like her dad. Also, my son like zombies, ghosts, dread characters related to Halloween. He knows all the characters in the horror stories. But when he got a chance to see zombie in action at the Sea World, he got scared and did not want to experience the horror mazes again. I don’t know where his braveness went away. He is only 6-year-old and that it doesn’t surprise me.
While growing up in India we did not have Halloween or any zombies Even if you watch Indian horror story one lady ghost will be walking around in white sari and singing sad song with hair down. Now even people in India celebrate Halloween, still don’t have any trick-o-treat though.
Coming to this Cheese Witches’ broom bread sticks it is easy to put together with the store bought bread stick dough. If you want, you can make the dough from scratch using this recipe which I did to make bread stick bones. If you are planning an adult Halloween party, try this black widow cocktail too that is delicious.
I used Romano and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to add it to bread sticks you can you use your favorite cheeses. But make sure to use some dry one like Parmigiano-Reggiano. Otherwise you won’t able to see the structure of bread sticks.
These are delicious and wickedly good. Ready in 11 minutes you can give this to trick-or-treaters with the marinara sauce, after they come back tired with the bag full of goodies.
Wickedly delicious cheesy witches broom bread sticks made less than 30 minutes. I used combo of Romano and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Great for your hungry trick-o-treaters. Serve with marinara sauce.
- 1 can 11 oz each Pillsbury™ refrigerated original breadsticks (12 breadsticks)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoon Romano Cheese
- 3 Tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll breadstick dough into 2 sections. Separate breadsticks.
- Twist stuffed breadsticks 3 times; place 1 inch apart on ungreased nonstick cookie sheets.
- Twist and make the rope into 8-inch-long and slightly press and flatten the other side and cut it into 1/2- 1-inch pieces around 5-6 of them. And tie a small rope around the tip and brush with olive oil and sprinkle the cheese and bake it in a pre-heated oven for 11 minutes or until it is slightly golden in color.
- Cool and enjoy with favorite marinara sauce.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.