Delicious besan ladoo, sweetness chickpea flour balls made with besan, sugar and spices like cardamon and saffron.
If you like this ladoo, then try this besan ladoo which is made with extra addtion of coconut and semolina/rava.
Besan Coconut Ladoo
Besan Laddu/ Ladoo/ Sweetened Chickpea/Garbanzo Flour Balls
- 1 1/2 cup Besan/ Chickpea/ Garbanzo Flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Home made Ghee
- 1/3 cup Pistachio Roasted and crushed
- 5 no Saffron
- 4 no Cardamom
- First roast the pistachio for about 3 minutes and crushed into coarse powder and set aside
- Powder the sugar with saffron and cardamom and set aside.
- Heat ghee in skillet and add besan/chickpea/garbanzo flour and fry first 2 minutes in medium flame and then reduce the flame to low and fry for about 13 minutes until raw smell of besan leaves and nice aroma of roasted flour develops.
- Switch off the flame and add powder sugar, crushed pistachio and mix well when the flour is still warm.
- Set aside for 3 minutes and once it is warm enough to touch make balls, with approximately 2 tablespoons of flour mixture. Try to make balls, even though it is little hot, otherwise it won’t be the right shape
- Finish making balls with entire flour. Retouch the balls you made earlier once again to get smooth surface.
- Enjoy, you can keep it in an airtight container for about 1 week at room temperature.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.