I am Margarita fan, this time I decide to add Indian twist to Mexican treat. Yes, Margarita de Tamarindo aka Tamarind Margarita, a Mexican favorite. I know that tamarind and ginger go well in curries. So, decided to incorporate in this Tamarind Ginger Margarita.
This is simple recipe, once you made ginger simple syrup then everything is easy. If you want, you can buy it from the store, but that may not be fresh. I prefer to make it myself. Then make tamarind juice/ paste. You can also use ready made tamarind paste from the Indian / South Asian/ Latin-American store. Tamarind is always stocked up in my pantry without that I don’t know how to make curries, south Indian curries requires that compared to North Indian ones.
Occasionally I make cocktails, which me and my hubby can enjoy at home. Going to bars is not that easy fir us. Original plan was to make Cucumber ginger margarita but decided to make this first. But plan changed and Tamarind ginger margarita comes into light.
You can use tajin/ chili salt for rim of the glass, as ginger, tamarind tamarind is in good terms with chili as well as sugar. I always admire those to take great cocktail pictures. In that department I am still learning, try to take as much good pictures possible. Usually for cocktail hubby helps to take clicks if he is available at home. If you want, you can make it more concentrate on tamarind, but I prefer lighter version.
Why not try this delicious Tamarind ginger margarita for you Cinco de Mayo get together or for a date night with your loved one. While enjoying this drink, make sure to stir well as tamarind will have tendency to settle at the bottom. You can prevent that by trying blender version of Tamarind Ginger margarita.
Tamarind Ginger Margarita
- 2 ounce Tamarind concentrate
- 1.5 ounce Tequila
- 0.5 ounce Triple sec
- 0.5 ounce lemon juice
- 0.75 simple syrup
- Chili salt /Tajin for rim
- Lime wedge
- Make tamarind concentrate by dissolving 4 tablespoon tamarind 1/3 cup water.
- First make ginger simple syrup with 2/3 cup water and 2/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root by bring to boil until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Spread the tajin on a plate. Rub the rim of a chilled highball glass with the lime wedge. Dip the rim of the glass in the tajin to coat it.
- Pour the tamarind puree, triple sec, lime juice, tequila, and ginger simple syrup mix into a shaker filled with ice cubes and shake 5 to 7 times.
- Pour the margarita into the glass and garnish with large lime wedge
For other Margarita Recipes
- Strawberry Margarita
- Pineapple Margarita
- Apple Cider Margarita
- Cranberry Prosecco Margarita
- Mango Margarita
- Pomegranate Ginger Margarita
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.