This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and the COCA-COLA Company. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayBundle #PlayPauseRefresh #CollectiveBias
When I got married my knowledge of American Football game was Zero. Then my hubby who continuously keeps the TV on and watch all the games, and once in a while I would say who is winning? In the end he got tired of answering about which team is winning or likely to win and he decided to teach me the rules of football game and he did. Thus I know the game now. Now I got hooked to the games, I too watch it religiously now. Still occasionally ask who is winning? For the game I always make something which means bite size treats for watching the game. This time I want to try COCA-COLA® ZERO SUGAR with Tex-Mex flatbread bites and Roasted shrimp.
We are happy to find the new COCA-COLA® ZERO SUGAR which has real COCA-COLA® flavor without any sugar. Also there is awesome Play Pause Refresh Sweepstakes going on. Just show how you #PlayPauseRefresh for a chance to win a $25 gift card or even a grand prize package including a 55″ television, a sound bar, a TV stick, and a catered viewing party. For more information on how to enter please click here.
Coming back to making game time treats, you need buy everything including COKE ZERO SUGAR , DASANI water or regular COCA-COLA from your local Randall’s store. I like to shop there because they have lot of fresh produces.Save on many products at Albertsons, Tom Thumb and Randalls with the Stock Up Sale starting in-store on 10/4.
For my Tex-Mex flatbread bites I used my trusted Naan flatbread recipe you can check here. Also made homemade re fried beans using canned pinto beans. Flatbread is topped with extra pinto beans, roasted corns, pickled jalapenos,avocado and queso fresco an Mexican salted cheese which makes everything better at the end. Each bite is filling and goes nicely with COKE ZERO SUGAR.
Roasted Shrimp is also easy to put together. Just make a marinade with olive oil, lime juice and spices and cilantro and roast it in the oven and to go with make a tangy tomatillo sauce enjoy with your favorite COCA-COLA drinks or new COKE ZERO SUGAR.
Make sure to make and enjoy this treats when you are watching the favorite football game in the comfort your home.
Tex-Mex flatbread bites and roasted shrimp with tomatillo sauce
- For Flatbread
- ½ Homemade Naan bread dough recipe * you can use your favorite flatbread
- 1 can refried beans I used homemade one
- ¼ cup cooked pinto beans
- 3 jalapenos pickled
- 1 roasted corn
- 1/2 avocado
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup queso fresco
- For cilantro lime roasted shrimp
- ½ pound deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- For tomatillo sauce
- 3 to matillos
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Serrano pepper
- ¼ white onion
- Olive oil for drizzling
- ½ teaspoon salt
- or Tex-Mex Flatbread bites,
- Pre-heat oven to 375F line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll Naan bread dough into rectangle ¼ inch sheet and poke them using a fork to prevent puffing while baking.
- Brush with olive oil and spread refried beans on the top of the dough then uniformly distribute roasted corn, jalapenos, onion and avocado. Finally sprinkle queso fresco and bake it in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once ready serve with cut it into bite size pieces and serve with lime slice and COCA-COLA® ZERO SUGAR or DASANI water.
- For Tomatillo Sauce
- Pre heat oven to 400F and roast 3 tomatillos, ¼ white onion, 2 cloves of garlic and Serrano pepper with salt and olive for about 20 minutes.
- Once it is cool enough to touch remove the waxy skin from the tomatillos and process everything into a food processor. Check for salt
- For Cilantro lime roasted shrimp
- Pr-heat oven to 400F
- In a bowl add lime juice, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder and cilantro and mix well to this add peeled and deveined shrimp and mix once again and kept aside for 30 minutes -1 hour and then roast it in pre-heated oven for about 8-9 minutes until shrimp becomes pink and curled up.
- Enjoy with tangy tomatillo sauce and COCA-COLA® ZERO SUGAR
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.